Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Daughter's Perfect Day
I have tried so hard to keep Aubrey's days and night consistant. I know that you can not expect a baby under 1 month to be on a "schedule", but I like her to have some consistancy day to day. Well yesterday was anything but consistant. First I had to make a unexpected trip to the doctor to have something check out. The only time they could work me in was during one of Aubrey's feeding. So, off we went to Mommy's doctor at 11:00, Aubrey half fed and Mommy feeling guilty. Luckily, I was able to finish feeding her while I waited an hour for the doctor. Very thankful there was a wait today!

After the appointment I had to run up to church to finish some last minute things for the Women's Christmas Luncheon. Again, Aubrey was perfect! She slept the entire time. We have been trying to stay home as much as possible to avoid all the illness out there, so it was fun to see so many people "ooh and aah" over her.

Finally we got home and I tried to get us back into our routine for the remained of the day. We went on our afternoon walk with Caddie and then had our early evening feeding. Everything was going great! Aubrey was asleep and I was working on school stuff. At 9:30 I get a phone call from Alan saying he got a flat tire on his way home from his business dinner. No big deal because USAA was on their way out to fix we thought. At 10:00 I was preparing for Aubrey's last feeding before putting her to bed when Alan called and told me that the car had to be towed and he needed a ride. So, I decided to forfeit the feeding and put Aubrey in the car to go get Daddy.

I was so thankful that Aubrey was still willing to sleep because she should have been eatting. Instead, she slept the entire time! I knew I had to prepare myself for the possibility of a hard night, since so much had happened during the day and she was so late for her last night feed. When we finally got home, sometime after 11:00, we had a successful feeding and it was off to bed for everyone. To my surprise she was right on schedule the whole night, waking up every 3 - 3 1/2 hours for feedings. Wow!

This morning I woke up very surprised that our daughter was not yet awake. When I went into her room I found her still asleep in her crib with a little smile on her face. I tried to get a picture of it, but of course the light on the camera (before the flash goes off) made her expression change, but I thought I would still post it. The smile reminded me not to stress so much about her. She is a trooper! Have I mentioned how much I love my daughter!

1 comment:

Erin said...

She's so sweet!!!